When Rothy’s announced their new sneaker style, I was intrigued and eager to give them a try. I love my Allbirds Tree Loungers, and was curious how this new washable style would compare! I also have a pair of Murakami Classic Vans that I love, but don’t nearly wear enough – and wondered where in the spectrum of slip-ons the Rothy’s sneaker falls. Read on for my initial impressions.
Above: Image credit to the Rothy’s Instagram account.
Ready to purchase your first pair of Rothy’s flats?
You can use this Rothy’s referral link for a $20 Rothy’s coupon code for your first order!
If my link isn’t working, feel free to try one from a generous commenters below.
Not a first time purchaser?
Rothy’s just launched a promo through Rakuten [formally Ebates] that is not limited to first purchase, where you can receive 5% cash back on your order. If you’re new to Rakuten, you can earn an additional $10 cash back bonus by signing up through my referral link here!
Check out the following posts for more reviews and information:
- Rothy’s vs Tieks comparison for a full review
- The Flat vs The Point comparison for more details around sizing of different styles
- Rothy’s Loafers vs Birdies Slippers for a toe-to-toe loafer comparison
- Rothy’s Sneaker vs Allbirds Loungers vs Vans for a sneaker comparison
- Allbirds Tree Breezers vs Rothy’s a washable flat showdown
- [New!] Rothy’s Chelsea Boot Review a review of their latest silhouette
- [Also new!] Rothy’s Wool vs Recycled Plastic a comparison between their latest wool offering and previous styles
When I purchased my first pair Rothy’s, I was excited that they offer half sizes (you can read my initial review here). I bought The Flat (round-toed version) in Grey Birdseye – a great neutral that I can wear both casually and to the office. I’d been tempted to try out The Point, but have typically been cautious of pointed flats, given my already long-and-narrow feet. However, the release of the sparkly rose gold and navy Midnight Metallic had me instantly flinging away my concerns to purchase a pair immediately, in my usual size 7.5
Now that I have a pair of The Flat and The Point, I wanted to do a side by side comparison of sizing. I myself wasn’t sure of the sizing differences – so I hope this is helpful for those deciding between the two styles!