Like with biker shorts, dad sandals and sport sandals have popped up as a 100% fashionable accessory this summer. As someone who already owns a pair of Birkenstocks and actual hiking sandals, I am very much on board with this trend. Especially for the latter pair – I’m happy with any excuse to wear them outside of just camping activities!
I’ve donned mine in this post for a casual, errands-running look. However, I think the following ladies do a better job showcasing the true potential of these previously hippie-high-school-English-teacher-esque shoes.
Most of us cannot and/or do not want to splurge on the original trendsetting Chanel dad sandals. Which, despite the hefty price tag, are somehow sold out in all stores across the country. So here are a few styles that not only are friendlier on the wallet, but also can be functional long beyond this trend’s lifespan.
Black Quilted Leather
- If you are still feeling fancy, the Prada sport sandals are more streamlined and half the price of the Chanel sandals
- These Aerosoles sandals are bound to be both comfortable on the feet, and your wallet at $95
- Ironically, the negative reviews are about the oversized look of these sandals – which is exactly the style
- Alohas, a relatively newer brand with a made-to-order model to reduce production waste, has a very similar quilted version as well at $155
- The Chanel inspiration pair
- Birkenstock is upping their game with this classic pair in a lighter colorway for $110
- Madewell’s Maggie Sandal even more affordable at $68, though a bit more sporty, less dad-like
Something More Streamlined
If you don’t want the chonky look, these options are a bit more streamlined:
Color of the Season: Lavender
And for something more colorful, a la Bottega Veneta’s Padded Slide: