Above: Photo from S O C I A L . C U T via Unsplash.
I present to you part two of the Black Friday & holiday round-up, focused on sales (and gifts!) for makers and outdoor enthusiasts. Part one can be found here, with deals on clothing, shoes & accessories.
Shortcut links to each section:
Last Updated: Saturday, Nov 28th at 8:30am
Crafting and Sewing
Normally, it can take weeks when ordering from indie yarn dyers & makers, as items are made to order. However, ‘tis the time of year for in-stock sales, just in time for holiday gifting. While these are not discounted, they’re 100% worth it since they’re ready to go and in stock – but be prepared for things to sell out within minutes of launch.
- Hello Lavender
- In-stock sale 11/28 at 10am CST
- These stitch markers make a wonderful gift for any knitter or crocheter
- As a bonus, Reshma will be donating 10% of sales to Stacey Abram’s Fair Fight Action for the Georgia Senate run-offs.
- Explorer Knits
- In-stock sale 12/13 at 7pm MST
- Cocoa + Cozy collection includes holiday colorways
- And like Reshma, Ali will be donating 10% of sales to Stacey Abram’s Fair Fight Action
- Woolberry Fiber & Co
- Holiday pop-up 11/28 at 9am MST
- Includes yarn from the Lord of the Rings collection (I will be snagging one from here, hopefully), Christmas colorways, and summer ones as well.
- Neighborhood Fiber Co.
- Turkey Hangover sale from 11/27 – 11/30
- 10 – 20% off yarn, needles, kits and more!
- A Busy Life
- Ninette of A Busy Life is offering 20% off all yarn 11/26 to 11/30
- I love the Roasted Marshmellow yarn, which I knit into socks here
- Mood Fabrics: 20% off sitewide automatically. Yes, that same Mood. I’ve ordered swatches in the past, and their 4-ply silk is luxurious (and $$$). This tweed wool fabric also looks fun for winter garments. They also sell unbleached muslin in 5 yard bundles for $10, which is very reasonable and a great add-on.
- Blackbird Fabrics: 25% off with code BLKFRIDAY2020. Really nice garment fabric, such as their 6oz tencil twill (love these two colors) for pants and vicose linen noil for summery tops.
- Stonemountain & Daughter Fabrics:
- 11/26: 15% off Boiled Wool/Viscose (Code: SPOTLIGHT15) and Free Shipping for $75+ orders (Code: FREESHIP)
- 11/27: 15% of sales donated to Museum of Africa Diaspora
- 11/28 – 11/30: 20% off regular priced merchandise with code SEWTHANKFUL20
- Singer HD 4423 Sewing Machine: Sewing machines are back in stock! I purchased this same model at the start of the year, and have been using it for all my garment sewing projects and small quilts as well.
- Grainline Studio:
- 20% off all patterns, with an extra 10% off 2 and extra 20% off 3
- I’ve made a ton of Ogden Camis (reviewed here) and the Nikko Top is perfect for colder weather.
- Friday Pattern Co:
- 25% off all patterns through 11/30 with code FALL25
- Heard great things about the Wilder Gown (check out the IG hashtag) and Ilford jacket/shacket (hashtagged posts here). I am considering the Hughes Dress myself!
- Closet Core Patterns:
- They are not offering a sale, but have released a new free dog coat pattern which you can get by subscribing to their newsletter
- However, you can get their patterns on sale in Stonemountain’s sale (code: SEWTHANKFUL20), like the Carolyn PJs (I reviewed here), Pietra Pants (review coming soon!)
- Pen + Paper Patterns (Quilting):
- 35% off through Sunday Nov 29 with code SMALLBIZSALE
- Favorites include the Tiny Town Quilt, Ghost Quilt, and I’m eyeing the Up North pattern to make a cute Christmas table runner.
- If you’re not ready to jump into a full-sized quilt, she has free holiday pillow patterns and this junior rain cloud quilt pattern.
Explorers & The Outdoors
I don’t talk about the outdoors much here, but it is very much something we enjoy!
- Better Sweater jacket: 25% off select colors. I have two of these (one of which is 5+ years old), great as a light mid-weight layer or just lounging at home.
- If you’re local to the SF Bay Area, Sports Basement is having a 20 – 25% off sale on Patagonia
- Atom LT jacket: 25% off. Perfect for crisp mornings or as a midlayer in true winter temps. I have this in XS, though I wish I sized up to S so I could fit a sweater underneath, as it has a slimmer fit compared to Patagonia. They have a hooded version as well!
- Cerium LT down hoody: This peach colorway is on sale for 59% off, an excellent deal if you don’t mind the light color! The other darker colors are 18% off, so Backcountry has the better overall deal on those. But I like to support local chains like Sports Basement when I can!
- Smartwool Layers:
- This lightweight wool T is great for both winter and summer. It’s a staple whenever we go camping or backpacking.
- A midweight wool layer, great as an active midlayer (I wear mine snowboarding), or for casual wear.
Stocking Stuffers: If you’re looking to support smaller brands, Garage Grown Gear carries a wide array of outdoor brands. A lot of these are technically ultralight, but would be great for any outdoor enthusiast!
- Kula Pee Cloth: for the ladies out there, I carry this for long hikes / backpacking instead of ziplocs of TP for number 1.
- Kula has a few more designs on the direct website, and they are offering 11% off through 11/30 with code Kulaverse11
- Ultralight Folding Table
- Kylmit UL Inflatable Pillow: luxury without the weight penalty!
- Thrupack Fanny Pack: I use this for carrying snacks / essentials on short hikes, and also for the occasional outdoor chores etc. it’s quite handy!
Like with my other guide, I’ll continue to update this over the next few weeks. Stay safe, stay healthy 🙏🏻
Partnership Disclosure: This blog post was not sponsored by any of the brands listed above. As always, all opinions are my own. This post may contain affiliate links, in which I earn a commission on purchases.