Header photo by Alyssa Strohmann via Unsplash.
Dusting off this series for the first musings of the year, it’s been a minute since I’ve posted one.
But first – if you are looking for ways to donate and help out people affected by the devastating earthquakes in Turkey and Syria, I recommend the International Rescue Committee. They are an organization vetted and recommended at my husband’s work (who is also generously matching employee donations).
1. Sadly, Vetta founder Cara announced via Instagram that the brand will be closing at the end of March. I reviewed a few of their pieces here; some are still available on the site, like this blazer dress and reversible slip midi skirt.
2. In other slow fashion brand news, Elizabeth Suzann just released a DIY belt bag sewing kit made from indigo denim offcuts. I’m very tempted to pick one up!
3. Ralph Lauren is teaming up with Re-Verso to recycle cashmere items into regenerated yarns. You can request a free label from their website here. Items can be from any brand as long as it’s 100% cashmere. I have a few sweaters that are beyond saving (now darned multiple times), that I may try sending in.
4. You’ve likely heard of ChatGPT by now, which is causing quite a stir. On a more lighthearted note – if you’re a fan of R29’s Money Diaries, a Redditor enlisted ChatGPT to write a Chicago-based money diary. Honestly, it’s a pretty solid effort and quite amusing.
5. Hermès won their lawsuit against an artist who was producing and selling “MetaBirkin” NFTs. This is the first trial of its kind examining intellectual property and NFTs, it’ll be interesting to see what comes next.
6. Last but not least – I checked out Tom Felton’s Beyond the Wand memoir from our local library, and really enjoyed it. It’s an easy and heartwarming read, and I highly recommend it for any Harry Potter fans out there.